Gyrocompass Annual Overhaul
Our certified team of surveyors can provide a complete Gyrocompass Annual Overhaul service, on board your vessel. This survey can be performed for the following manufactures: YOKOGAWA, TOKIO KEIKI & ALPHATRON MARINE. In Brazil we can provide these on behalf of all the main classification societies. Outside Brazil, our possibilities are much wider, and we can work with other Gyrocompass manufactures. Please let us know the country, and we will assist you with what we have best.
With details, we will perform a complete verification in all the equipment part of your Gyrocompass System. For the actual survey, we follow a very strict procedure provided by the manufactures we represent, and verify each one of them with precision. The complete survey on the Gyros - for YOKOGAWA, TOKIO KEIKI & ALPHATRON MARINE - we perform on board, envolves the verification of each one of the points below. Here they are, in details:
- Check the actual heading, and sphere current
- Shutdown the gyrocompass and waiting the rotors inside sphere stop to run (approximately 30min of opperation)
- Open master-compass, take out the container
- Discharge the old support liquid
- Open the container, clean container, all electrodes, center pin and sphere
- Re-assemble the container using new supplied gasket set
- Fill-up the container with new support liquid
- Close the container, and place it back on master compass
- Turn on the gyrocompass, confirm the sphere current falls to the target value (approximately 30min of opperation)
- Wait for the settling time, and adjust the heading if necessary
- Confirm and adjust the heading in all repeaters accordingly, if necessary
Our team is dully certified by all the main classification societies that survey worldwide. Consider us always, for this type of activity. In case you need any spares, count us in as well.